Friday, September 7, 2012

Chu Cat Chronicle, Number 3: Formia

After French Alpes, we traveled 12 hours to Formia, Italy, to visit my good friend Cecilia. We were friends from our time in Johannesburg. Now she is married in Italy and I am married in Holland. We haven't seen each other in 11 years. We were very excited but we also didn't know what to expect of each other after not seeing each other for so long. 

Just with simple trust of our friendship, we went all the way from Holland to south Italy to see her and her family, and they just accepted us in their home for one whole week. It turned out to be the most beautiful, authentic and heart-warming week together. 

I made this collage with all my gratitude. The background is the paper bag which Luigi used to put in sandwiches for the road when we left Formia. THEY MADE US SANDWICHES FOR THE ROAD!!! I learned so much about our friendship, the Italian way of hospitality and I also learned how to love one's friends. Here it is, my humble present for Cecilia and Luigi.